DVD'S

Friday, March 19, 2010

DVR

"Justified" premiered this week on FX. After watching the first episode,I can safely say that I am hooked. Timothy Olyphant portrays Deputy U.S. Marshall Raylan Givens. You may remmeber Tim from his previous character of Sherrif Seth Bullock of "Deadwood" an awesome show that of course, ended well before its time. Marshall Givens is sent back to his hometown because his no nonsense, "you draw and I'll drop you" attitude, has gotten him into trouble in Florida. So now he's back, and battling the neo-nazi troublemakers in Kentucky. The man wears the badge and his cowboy hat very well. Tuesdays on FX, set your DVR.

HBO's "The Pacific" premiered this past Sunday, after a mirage of advertisements. In most cases, I feel that the more hype a program puts out, the worse it actually is. After watching the first episode, I have to admit that I am not blown away. "Band of Brothers" was one of my favorite HBO miniseries, and it grabbed you right from the first minute and pulled you into its world. You felt you were there, suffering with the cast through battles and boot camp. I expected this level of brilliance. Giving "The Pacific" the benifit of the doubt, after all it was only the first episode, I recommend continued DVR status, hopefully it will live up to the hype.

“Spartacus’ is still holding strong. It airs Fridays on STARZ and ENCORE. And though it’s star Andy Whitfieldrecently had a trip to the E.R., he is recovering enough that a second season is now virtually guaranteed. For those of us who became enraptured with ROME, we know what to expect. For those who weren’t- brace yourself. Nudity-the full frontal kind-abounds in this series. But once you accept that, you find yourself immersed in a world of literal Sadam & Gamora. A hybrid of “300” and “Rome”, except with more breasts. Personally, this show had me at loincloth.

Returning this week for those of you who like me are shamefully hooked, "Gene Simmons Family Jewels" on A&E Sunday, "V" on ABC Tuesday, "Destination Truth" (mmm.. Josh Gates), and last but never least, "South Park" on Comedy central on Wednesday. Set your DVRs, and enjoy the goodness!

2 comments:

  1. Excellen reviews and updates! Great blog -I love it!!

    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a great show, hope you can check it out, thank you for reading Jamster!

    ReplyDelete