DVD'S

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

DVD - Sherlock Holmes


"Sherlock Holmes" came out today, and I'm going straight to my local Best Buy to get it, and I suggest you do the same. Spend the $19.99, it's a keeper. The story of the brilliant detective Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr.) and his faithful yet reluctant partner Dr. Watson (Jude Law). From director Guy Ritchie who brought us "Snatch" and "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels", we follow along with the dynamic duo as they look for clues to the whereabouts of Lord Blackwood (Mark Strong). Downey is a brilliiant actor, and now that he's clean we are finally getting him back. He was perfect for this role, capturing the Holmes mind with ease. Sometimes you almost can't keep up with his logic. And I although I can't say that I remember the Sherlock Holmes that I read about in high school boxing for profit, the film was wondorous. The film ended with the shadowy, anticipated appearance of the detective's arch enemy, Professor Moriarti, leaving you certain the sequel is in the works, and I can't wait to see it.

5 comments:

  1. Loved this movie too!!

    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wanted to see this but never made it to the theater. We'll have to put it on the rental list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That movie was great! Can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked it as well. I thought it was cleverly written, and surprisin until the end. This is the second RD Jr movie that has surprised me; the first one was Ironman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, don't worry, Robert Downey Jr. is back again for Ironman 2 soon.

    ReplyDelete